1) Hip-Hop & Homosexuality don’t mix-There are many talented gay people that have not been able to break into mainstream hip-hop. Hip-Hop is dominated by African Americans who have strived extremely hard to create and protect their image and the fact of the matter is homosexuality has always been shunned upon in the African American community, so the reason Frank Ocean desired to come out the closet is beyond me!
2) Money- Coming out the closet is going to STOP deals!!!! Frank Ocean should know that once he identifies himself in a particular group-then it’s going to stay with his brand forever! While some men make millions of dollars pretending to be heterosexual-he will never have the opportunity because real women do not have an interest in men who like men!
3) Collaboration- Artist will not work with Frank Ocean now that he has decided to come out the closet! Again-people have been working for to uphold their image and they will not let a talented new comer ruin it! Frank Ocean has possibly ruined the opportunity to work with several great artists!
4) Black People Don’t Support Homosexuality- Although Frank is attempting to make a stand; he would have been better off having a seat. Since the beginning of time black people have forbidden homosexuality. White people can be gay and get away with it; black people cannot! The world loves Anderson Cooper, but what black gay man do people love? The ideology that you have to come out the closet is played out-As an artist your only concern should be your art! No-one is entitled to your personal life (Learn from Queen Latifah). Being black in America is hard enough young man; however you have made it a whole lot harder. Robert Downey Jr. was strung out on drugs now he’s America’s Iron Man-Bobby Brown was strung out on drugs and now he’s just another negro who was on top of his career and drugs destroyed it!
5) You’re an Artist Not A Gay Man-Frank Ocean should know that he is an artist and his sexual preference is not a part of his art! Frank Ocean should realize if you are not trying to be the poster man for Gay Men than you should have kept your personal life personal and professional life professional. There is nothing bold about coming out the closet; what’s bold is never going into the closet! I wish Mr. Ocean all the best in his career, and I hope God helps him on this new journey which he is about to encounter!